Tuesday, September 25, 2012

the Scene: Anheuser - Busch, Inc



Ok, you got me. This is not something in the Indianapolis area... When one of your best friends is about to get married, you send him off in style. O Dawg is tying the knot and we decided to check out some breweries in St. Louis, MO.

I asked for this one because I am a Miller guy. I am the son of a Miller guy. My cousins and uncles tried to drink me out of Miller Lite when I got married. That being said, I was very impressed. Whether Bud is my favorite mega brewer or not, they put on a hell of a show.


For starters, they had a Mariachi band up front, a friggin Mariachi band!!!
Nothing says party like a Mariachi band.

Once we were in back we got to see all the highlights. Their fermentation takes are unbelievable. To drink one of these you would have to have a case of beer every day for the next 137 years. In here they are mixed with beach wood to add surface area not taste.

    

We did the standard tour (but I really want to do the hard hat tour next time we head out that way). It was over an hour and totally worth while. At the end of the trip you got to sample some of their beers. It was nice doing it fresh. 

All of this and at the end I am still probably going to stick with my Miller High Life, but I have a lot more respect for the history and the sheer force of will that went into every last Bud product.

Look for more posts from the Show Me State all week.


No comments:

Post a Comment